A Complete Suite of Cryptocurrency Services
Numerous state and federal agencies in the United States have begun to more heavily regulate Bitcoin, alt-coins such as Ethereum, and virtual tokens. Our firm works diligently to keep abreast of new developments in the law and ensure our clients remain compliant.
We offer a broad range of cryptocurrency services for clients of all kinds, including:
- Investigating and advising virtual-token issuers of the application of state and federal securities, commodities, and money-services laws to their tokens
- Assisting clients in understanding and complying with cryptocurrency-specific state regulations, such as New York’s BitLicense regulatory framework
- Counseling investors, brokers, and others of the state and federal tax consequences of acquiring, holding, earning income from, or selling cryptocurrencies or tokens
- Protecting our clients by responding quickly and effectively to regulatory or administrative actions with respect to their cryptocurrencies and virtual tokens, such as subpoenas, audits, and seizures
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing agreements involved in mining, buying and selling, or holding Bitcoin, alt-coins, or tokens, including mining-pool arrangements and agreements involving shareholders, members, or partners in a business entity
- Resolving disputes involving cryptocurrencies through alternative dispute resolution or litigation, including claims involving breach of contract, theft, or fraud
- Maintaining a cutting-edge understanding of blockchain developments and legal or regulatory changes, and keeping our clients informed of how such changes affect them
Blockchain Forensics Legal Opinions, Reports and Investigations
Advising on legality and traceability of blockchain assets, we utilize not only our deep knowledge in the digital-asset legal compliance but also our vast network of professional connections, which include the major cryptocurrency and digital security exchanges, trusts, traders and broker-dealers.
We also employ the most reputable blockchain investigators to track every bit of information available on a blockchain. Our blockchain investigative partners also consult FBI fighting cybercrimes in the blockchain space.
Upon completion of our legal due diligence and independent investigation, we often issue legal opinions and blockchain forensic investigative reports, so that our clients have a complete understanding of the issue.
Our blockchain forensics legal expert opinions and investigative reports may contain:
- detailed flow of our client’s or counterparty’s flow of cryptocurrency or other digital assets on a blockchain;
- assessment of sufficiency of cryptographic private keys, public records and other factors establishing ownership of cryptocurrency or other digital asset on a blockchain;
- KYC/AML compliance measures taken at each point of the funds’ journey by clients and third parties, including exchanges and OTC traders;
- legal opinion on adoption, traceability, exchangeability and legality of a particular kind of digital asset existing on a blockchain;
- regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies and other blockchain assets in the U.S. etc.
Our blockchain forensics legal expert opinions and investigative reports are an effective tool, which may be essential in, for example:
- conducting due diligence of a cryptocurrency transaction, background check or KYC/AML compliance;
- investing into digital securities;
- making a purchase or investment using cryptocurrency or other digital assets;
- demonstrating legality of your digital-asset holdings to the USCIS, IRS or other governmental agency.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Bitcoin and Digital Currency Services
Send us an email or call 212.457.9797 to schedule a consultation at our Manhattan office.